Dinette Table

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's interior here. Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Moderator: KenKrawford

KenKrawford

Dinette Table

Post by KenKrawford »

Does anyone happen to know the dimensions (length & width at the widest point) of the large table in the main salon?
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
zman18

Re: Dinette Table

Post by zman18 »

Ken,
It's 31" X 47 1/2"
John
Compass Rose #484
John Zoda
Compass Rose
Hull# 484
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

Thanks so much John. You saved me a trip !
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
nybor

Post by nybor »

rats. I also measured it! It is 31.487" by 47.825"

dave
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

I'll average the 2 ! :D
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
nybor

Re: slicing the Dinette Table

Post by nybor »

Hello.
I replaced the large wooden table with a poly one - a bit smaller. However, I was wondering. Has anyone taken the large table and cut it in half, adding hinges and making it a drop table? It would sure provide more walking around it, but the half that was still horizontal could be used as a smaller table.

I know, cutting it would be difficult (for the table), but I think a woodworking carpenter could do a good job, making it look original

thanks

dave
AynB

Post by AynB »

We did not cut and hinge the table. Rather we just 'organically' created a new one. I am finishing version 3 right now.
By Organically I mean that we started with a table made of mdf , cut to be about the size of the original and then over a period of only a few months we cut it down to the "perfect for us" size; an inch this week, two inches the next, etc. We were full time live aboards at the time so, this was pretty easy to do. We ended up with an mdf slab about 3' x 2' with the leg pieces offset a bit so that when it was just us, the table was set to be more midships and parallel to the port settee. With company we'd set it a bit more to port with a proper table-over-seating overlap and use the folding bench. Version 2 was to put a cherry veneer on with a poly finish. That version lasted two more years and now version 3 is a mostly properly build cherry wood table with a hard polyurethane finish. I am certain that I pictures of the placement differences if you care.
nybor

Post by nybor »

very nice! My poly table is also 2' x 3' with fiddles around it. It is much better than both the large (too large) and small (too small), but when I removed it to install the new batteries, I was amazed at how much room there was without it there. So, a hinged table came to mind. I may get brave and try it - USING another piece of wood though.

thanks

dave