Catalina cockpit table

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

JOEDIG

Catalina cockpit table

Post by JOEDIG »

I am looking to add a Catalina Cockpit table.
I located a table off another Catalina model and would like to compare sizes.
Can anyone give me the center length and open width of the 350 table along with the length of the stainless base? Also, how is it mounted? Screwed into the cockpit floor? Through bolted? Screw/bolt size?

Thanks!
wcconway

Re: Catalina cockpit table

Post by wcconway »

28 1/4" x 39 1/2 table (each leaf extends and wraps around the pedestal). This adds 6 in to each leaf.

Stainless steel legs are 2 ft.

The braces that hold up the table leaf have broken twice. Has anyone used a different, more stable brace?

Will follow up with pictures.
Attachments
cockpit table.jpg
cockpit table.jpg (144.64 KiB) Viewed 10214 times
cockpit table 1.jpg
cockpit table 1.jpg (137.29 KiB) Viewed 10214 times
cockpit table 2.png
cockpit table 2.png (461.09 KiB) Viewed 10214 times
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida
chesworth

Post by chesworth »

I've had same problem with the cord in brace breaking. By the time Catalina gets a replacement to Canada it costs over $50. Ideas welcome for an alternate and a method to repair. I have noticed that there is less stress on cord if brace is folded downwards rather than upwards.
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

These will probably also be close to $50 by the time it is shipped but Catalina Direct is the only other place to buy these that I know of.
http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm ... rt-arm.cfm
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
R.B.

Post by R.B. »

I have gone to the local hardware store and picked up some thin shock cord. A couple of bucks for 20'. I then removed the 2 halves of the support from the table, disassembled each section, tied in a the new shock cord and reassembled. If I remember correctly, you do need to pre-tension the cord when you get it in the 2nd support. It has been a number of years since I did this repair, but I think the supports just screw apart. Someone jump in here if I have this wrong.
Ralph

WOLFHELM
C350 #342
Triumph

Post by Triumph »

You are correct, just change out the shock cord. Did mine two years ago for a cost of about $3.

Bill
Air Mobility

Post by Air Mobility »

Anybody have a source for the cockpit table pictured in this string?

George
S/V Air Mobility
Hull 158
JOEDIG

Post by JOEDIG »

Can anyone tell me how they screwed in the cockpit table?
The table came with 1 1/4" machine screws - Is this right? No bolts or washers - just drill a hole and screw them in?
Thanks, Joe
davidjohnson708

Post by davidjohnson708 »

JOEDIG wrote:Can anyone tell me how they screwed in the cockpit table?
The table came with 1 1/4" machine screws - Is this right? No bolts or washers - just drill a hole and screw them in?
Thanks, Joe
Sorry, I couldn't reply sooner. There are two metal plates embedded in the cockpit sole. If you center the table and place the aft end about 4 inches away from the steering pedestal, you "should" hit the plates when you drill. You will need a tap for the threads. Don't drill through the deck.