Website to purchase Catalina parts and accessories please

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

peterhansen100

Website to purchase Catalina parts and accessories please

Post by peterhansen100 »

Hi everyone. I've recently purchased my C350 and I'd love to buy some parts and accessories for it! I'm in Australia and don't have a clue where to look. I'd really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction of a website or phone number over there. I'm happy to pay postage.
1. I need to buy new step treads for the ladder as they've all fallen off.
2. I also would love to buy a new set of cushions for the cockpit and
3. especially the padded piece to go on the stainless rail around the two back seats that hang over the transom. Mine didn't come with these and it would make it very comfortable as these 2 seats are occupied 90% of the time while we're onboard.
Thanks very much in advance! Pete.
wcconway

Re: Website to purchase Catalina parts and accessories pleas

Post by wcconway »

http://www.catalinadirect.com

Here you go. Also, we often go straight to the manufacturer to purchase parts, etc.. They are always very helpful and we know we are getting the right part. In particular, Raritan, Marvair, Seaward, Westerbeke distributors, etc..

Congrats on your new boat.
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida
peterhansen100

Post by peterhansen100 »

Hi thanks for that. They don't seem to have much for 35's. Most stuff is for 34's and 36's.
They don't carry the step treads for the ladder to fit my boat. and they don't have the padded cushions to go on the back seats hanging over the transom.
Is there a contact direct to Catalina itself for genuine parts does anyone know?

I have seen these padded cushions here on the following image of another boat, can anyone tell me if they're genuine standard? Or would I have to get them made up aftermarket. They look great, and I'm very sure that they're comfortable.

By the way, I'm loving reading everyone else's stories and experiences with their 350's. We are in love with ours and can't get enough of it! I don't normally meet many people with them, they're hard to come by in Australia.
Attachments
Rear padded Cushions.jpg
Rear padded Cushions.jpg (71.97 KiB) Viewed 7637 times
russp

Post by russp »

Hi Peter,
Where are you based? I keep my C350 on the Gippsland Lakes.

I recently purchased the rail cushions for the 350 from Catalina Yachts Australia, Kerrin was able to get them made at the factory and they have Catalina badge plus boat name and look great.

Re pushpit seat cushions, you can get a set off the shelf from US suppliers, but expect once you include freight, customs, GST, etc, you will probably be better off getting a local supplier to make them. If you are anywhere near here you are welcome to take measurements off mine although pretty straight forward.

Don't know about the steps, am surprised solid plastic steps like those could be damaged.

Regards
Russ Peel
Russ Peel
Avalon #150
peterhansen100

Post by peterhansen100 »

That's fantastic! Thanks so much Russ. I've ordered the rail back rest pads and they're on their way! I didn't know about the Catalina Yachts Australia website.

The step treads have all fallen off the ladder. They're just glued on and I do leave the ladder in the water very often so I guess the glue has softened, come undone and one by one they've all fallen off. I will find someone who sells them eventually surely.

We bring our boat up to Airlie Beach for winter. It's in Sydney for Summer, but it's far too cold down there at the moment! We charter it out to pay for all of the expenses related to having a boat. We do Bareboat Charters in the Whitsundays and skippered day charters in Sydney. Our website is www.gosailwhitsundays.com.au for The Whitsundays, or www.gosail.com.au for Sydney.

My phone number is 0410 770 333 if you'd like to have a chat any time. Like I said I don't meet many other people with 350s and they're not so easy to come by. I'd love to meet up with you somewhere one day. Do you go cruising in yours? If you're ever coming up to Sydney give me a shout and we can meet up down the Hawkesbury River or something. Maybe even go all the way and I'll meet up with you in Airlie Beach!

Thanks again mate.