Ocean Air Shade Part

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's interior here. Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Moderator: KenKrawford

Triumph

Ocean Air Shade Part

Post by Triumph »

I have the Ocean Air pull shades on my over head hatches. They are the Rail Shade. Maybe many of you also have these? I broke one of the hook things that the shade attaches to, it's call the "mini grip catch". It's about the size of quarter, and has a loop that the shade hooks to. Ocean Air is of no help, telling me that I have to buy a multiple part kit for $17 plus shipping. I want two of these, so I'd end up spending $40 on 8 cents worth of parts. No thank you.
Has anyone go a solution?
KenKrawford

Re: Ocean Air Shade Part

Post by KenKrawford »

Triumph - there was a post on the C34 web site about this problem. Read the second message for a $0.00 solution!
http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,5960.0.html
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
Triumph

Post by Triumph »

Thanks Ken, solution found. That Catalina 34 website referred me to John Halter at ZARCOR. www.zarcor.com John was very helpful and understanding, made me a very fair deal, and I'm grateful to him. Ya'll can check out his product line too, a lot of good things for the boat, like an I-phone rail mount. He is a good source for solutions to the Ocean Air shades.
C350ia

Post by C350ia »

I sent Ocean air an email and they got back with me the next day. However in the mean time I contacted Catalina about another part I needed and also got a repair kit for the shades that included the cleat the shade attaches to. I think it was $12.00. I had to send him a picture to make sure he sent me the right part.