Fresh Water Intake Valve

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's head here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Gravitystorm

Fresh Water Intake Valve

Post by Gravitystorm »

I have noticed that if we don't close the fresh water intake valve...the head fills with water overnight. Has anyone found a resolution to this problem? :?:
KenKrawford

Re: Fresh Water Intake Valve

Post by KenKrawford »

Is the water clear that you're seeing? I can't figure out any way that water could enter the bowl without activating the pump.
I suspect that the joker valve is failing. When you pump waste into the holding tank, the joker valve keeps material that is between the discharge of the head and the intake of the tank from flowing back into the bowl. I replaced mine last year and it wasn't too difficult.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
Richard Ad

Post by Richard Ad »

Had a similar issue this weekend. Not sure what a joker valve is but on my siphon loop the small valve at the top was not opening to let air into the hose from my "A" valve (sea water) to the head, therefore it siphoned the water in the hose back into the head. Take the valve at the top of your siphon loop apart, clean it with fresh water and squeeze it to make sure it opens and closes. Put it back together. This solved my issue.
wolfe10

Post by wolfe10 »

Let us know what happens after you clean/replace the anti-siphon valve on the head intake.

Is it located high enough that it does indeed "break" the siphon.

Brett Wolfe
350 #180
Last edited by wolfe10 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL
Gravitystorm

Post by Gravitystorm »

Yes, the water is clear (fresh water), I replaced the Joker Valve & both Impellers last weekend but the fresh water is still coming in. If I close the through-hull, no water comes in so it must be the vent fitting?
marklunorman

Post by marklunorman »

My head did the same thing. As Richard Ad states, breaking the siphon fixed it - clean the valve and you should be set.