Cruisair Model # SXR16 115V - Replacement

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's air conditioning here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

ElizabethG

Cruisair Model # SXR16 115V - Replacement

Post by ElizabethG »

Hi All,

My 2004 C350 has a Cruisair model SXR16 AC/Heat unit. Cruisair was purchased by Dometic some years ago and this specific model number is no longer available, though Dometic has similar looking units.

There is a bearing in the compressor that is making a horrendous noise and getting louder over time. Since the unit is original to the boat, I want to replace it.

The unit sits in the starboard, forward, cockpit locker basically against the wall of the galley. In the galley, it has the air intake and the output vents sitting side-by-side.

I would like to find a drop-in replacement.

If anyone has replaced their's, can you provide the manufacturer and model number?

Thanks,

Bill
2004 C350, #193
Atlanta (Home) / Charleston, SC (Boat)
Monty

Re: Cruisair Model # SXR16 115V - Replacement

Post by Monty »

Our 2007 C350 has had its AC replaced by the PO about 3 yrs ago. I believe it was a drop in replacement due to reuse of hoses, power lines and some of the bolt holes. Its model DTU16-410A. By CruisAir which is Dometic or vs versus. The manual says CruisAir, the head unit is labeled Dometic. I can send some pics to your email if you want...they don't fit as attachments on this system. Steve
Steve Montgomery
Salty, hull #418
Deltaville, VA
ElizabethG

Post by ElizabethG »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out!

Yeah, I would love to see what you have.

My email is w.h.williams@comcast.net

Thanks,

Bill
2004 C350, #193
Monty

Post by Monty »

I have left for a week of travel returning next Monday. Will try to send them to you next week. But, I believe if the replacement unit looks similar and it’s properly rated for voltage and BTUs you should be fine. There is a lot of space in the box that holds it. Make sure you can get one where the output points straight up. Many of them have rotatable output vents that can adjust for the situation.
Steve Montgomery
Salty, hull #418
Deltaville, VA
dcmason@masoncci.com

Post by dcmason@masoncci.com »

Hi:
We are in the middle of replacing ours with a Dometic DTG16-1171. It is to be a drop in as well. They state that I can use the CruiseAir Control with this unit.
ElizabethG

Post by ElizabethG »

dcmason,

Thanks for sharing! I'll add that to my list of possible replacements.

The other I'm looking at is the Dometic 16000 BTU EnviroComfort (ECD), MFG # 9108732755.

Bill
C350, #193