Leak in Head between Shower and Toilet

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's head here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

tranquil

Leak in Head between Shower and Toilet

Post by tranquil »

After removing old caulk and re-caulking the shower, bench, all along the floor seams, including around teak touching the floor and under the door ledge, the small space outside the shower and shower door in between the toilet still leaks a bit. It is not from underneath the shower doors, rather the leak appears after I take a shower, wiped down all the walls and door and there it is. A little river-puddle of clear water. One spring I arrived to start launch prep and there it was - a little blue dried up river trail, the same color as the deodorizing packets I drop in the head that were over winter stored in a gallon zip lock baggie inside the door, below and between the holding tank and macerator. The bag containing the pouches with the blue granules was leaking, so I cleaned everything inside the cabinet and double bagged. No more blue leaks, but still leaks. I've cleaned everything I can see in that cabinet in order to find possible drips and found none. There is a hole that the pipe descends below the "floor" of the cabinet and I cant see any leak marks, but cant see very far down the hole. I think the leak may be coming out of the seam that is near the floor of the platform the head is on, next to the shower wall. Until now, it only happens after I shower and is clear water.

Yesterday, did not use the shower and after flushing the toilet saw clear water leaking out of the same place for the first time. The leak appeared just before departing for home on the second day aboard and has not occurred when flushing the toilet until now. The ceiling, the strut going thru the shower, the white round plastic thing in the shower that looks like one could turn and open it-all are not leaking. The window above doesnt leak.

Any ideas where this could be coming from and/or where else to look?

Thanks
Teri Weber
Tranquil
Hull #187
Chicago
Tranquilcat42@yahoo.com