Generator Selection

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's electrical systems or electronics here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Tdrothrock

Generator Selection

Post by Tdrothrock »

We would like to install a generator to enable us to operate our air conditioner and charge batteries. Many of the posts regarding generators are dated. We are looking for the newest recommendations for a new generator that is quiet, reliable, easy to maintain, fits in the aft port locker area and provides sufficient power to operate the boat’s ac, 30 amp charger, hot water heater. Also, tips on installation and expense are appreciated.
SkuffedKeel

Re: Generator Selection

Post by SkuffedKeel »

Following. I'm interested in doing this as well. If you learn anything elsewhere could you please post here?
"Senja"
C350 # 137
Nanaimo, BC
Tdrothrock

Post by Tdrothrock »

I was hoping for some replies but nothing yet. I just added the dometic smart start 3 to our AC. I am using two Honda EU2000i generators with parallel connections. I might be able to use ac with one generator now. Testing today.
nybor

Post by nybor »

I used two Yamahas like you to run the ac. I got it started and I THINK you can disconnect one and it will keep running. It has been awhile since I tried it but am pretty sure it worked.