Refrigerator pump motor replacement.

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's air conditioning here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

LeBonTemp

Refrigerator pump motor replacement.

Post by LeBonTemp »

Need some help here please. Took boat over to shipyard to get fridge checked out. Thought compressor went out but got diagnosed and results came back that fan motor is t working. I don’t think that was correct because air is being pumped although not a lot and I can hear a motor running. Can’t understand if compressor is not good there isn’t some coolness happening.
Anyway Looking for any thoughts.
Thanks.
KenKrawford

Re: Refrigerator pump motor replacement.

Post by KenKrawford »

Although anything is possible, the BD50 compressors that come on Adler Barbour units rarely fail.
If the cooling fan has failed, the compressor will shut down if the temperature gets too high. The fan is easily replaced and readily available.
Look at the cover of the printed circuit board shown in the image and see if the LED light is flashing. An overheated compressor usually results in either 4 or 5 "blinks" of this light. The manual has a list of all the various blink codes and possible causes.
Attachments
comp.jpg
comp.jpg (41.69 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
LeBonTemp

Post by LeBonTemp »

Ken - appreciate your info. I’ll check out the indicator lights you mentioned and see what I am find out. Thanks again.
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

It just occurred to me that your question may be referring to your air conditioning system and my suggestions only apply to the refrigerator. I failed to notice your post was in the Air Conditioning Forum.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA