Plugged Refer Side Door Drain

One of everybodies' favorite topics. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's refrigerator here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

BJH

Plugged Refer Side Door Drain

Post by BJH »

On our 2005 350, behind the side door of the refridgerator there is an extrusion (think gutter) to catch condensation. The small drain hole in the center is plugged making the condensation overflow and ending up on the floor of the galley. I tried clearing it out with a wire tie without success and plan to go back down today with a coat hanger, different sized stiff wires, and other implements of destruction but figured I'd ask if anyone had any advice. Thoughts?
BJH
Miss Sea-ducer, Hull 329
Pasadena MD
KenKrawford

Re: Plugged Refer Side Door Drain

Post by KenKrawford »

If your coat hanger fix doesn’t work, try a can of compressed air like the stuff you buy at office supply stores.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
BJH

Re: Plugged Refer Side Door Drain

Post by BJH »

I think I got it worked out. I really don't know where it drains to but I ran a stiff bailing wire down through it a few times and then took a West System syringe, wrapped electric tape to match the hole and blasted a bunch of water down through it. It appears to be opened up now, water is draining out. For good measure I put a syringe full of Clorox down through it to eat up any funkies.
BJH
Miss Sea-ducer, Hull 329
Pasadena MD