Cockpit Cushions

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Captain Kirk

Cockpit Cushions

Post by Captain Kirk »

We have the original cockpit cushions that would have been delivered with the boat in '03. They're open cell foam and vinyl covered, needless to say they are in rough shape.

Has anyone purchased cushions in the past few years? I see Catalina Direct has them for our 350's, but they don't give much detail on their site. Also, Catalina Yachts Store has them in either open or closed cell foam with choice of coverings. CYS prices range from $2500. to $3000.

Would be interesting to see what others have done. Anyone have any pics?

Thanks
Kirk & Leah McCullough
#031 -Full Batten Main, Rocna 20
Sand Dollar
Point Roberts, WA
tranquil

Re: Cockpit Cushions

Post by tranquil »

Greetings

In 2008 I bought a set of 5 cockpit cushions from Island Nautical, 3000 Gandy Blvd, St Petersburg, 727 577 3220. I had the cushions cut to match the lazarettes so that I could lift just one section when accessing any given hatch, including the window on the port side, rather than having to lift an entire side of cushion. Also, much easier to store. They are 2" flotation foam with Grey usure* and white vinyl welt. My non skid is light grey and I got these to match, as well as I think white cushions are too difficult to keep white. It came with a snap set, which I dont use. From the beige/tan webbed rubbery stuff that is often sold as shelf paper/drawer liner/non skid for under rugs, I cut a slightly smaller piece to match each cushion. I lay the "non skid" down and then the cushion. With a sharpie I made small markings on the side of each cushion to indicate where they belong in the cockpit, so that putting them down is quicker. With same sharpie made corresponding markings on each matching non skid for the same purposes. The sharpie is still visible today. The cushions stay put even in big waves.

Not sure if they are still in business. Good Luck!
*what the receipt states
Teri
Teri Weber
Tranquil
Hull #187
Chicago
Tranquilcat42@yahoo.com
Captain Kirk

Re: Cockpit Cushions

Post by Captain Kirk »

Thanks for you input Teri

Yes! Island Nautical is still in business from what I see on their website. I have requested a quote from them as they do show the C350 as a boat for which they have patterns.

Thanks again, I hope I get a good reply from them.
Kirk & Leah McCullough
#031 -Full Batten Main, Rocna 20
Sand Dollar
Point Roberts, WA