New Owner - Moving Boat North ICW

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

sail2530

New Owner - Moving Boat North ICW

Post by sail2530 »

Hello
I am a new 350 owner (at least hope I am soon - survey in 3 weeks) We are planning to move the boat from Amelia Island to Beaufort NC. We have not sailed this stretch before and have been studying charts and lots of other resources. We are planning to stop nightly in Marinas as the boat in new to use as is the waterway. We are planning to head outside as much as the weather allows.

Any and all information is welcome. I have been looking at the course in Georgia and wonder if outside is our best option.

We are not taking the leisurely approach as we need to get home but also want to be thoughtful. Thanks in Advance!
wolfe10

Re: New Owner - Moving Boat North ICW

Post by wolfe10 »

Until you are very comfortable with the boat-- sail handling, maneuvering, etc AND with its mechanical condition, I would not plan on "learning" offshore.

Said another way, out in the Atlantic is not where to learn that the batteries that showed good while plugged into shore power are dead, raw water pump is leaking, alternator belt is in pieces, fuel filters are clogged...........
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL