Engine Access Door

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Barbara

Engine Access Door

Post by Barbara »

As you know, the engine is not easy to access (except from the front or the top of the back). Has anyone added a second side access panel or made the tiny door bigger in the aft cabin? It seems like there's plenty of room there on the side to make a second door or expand the mini one. If you have done this, do you have pictures or lessons learned? Thanks!
Barbara
#76 Freedom
Barbara
#76 Freedom

"Wherever we want to go, we go. That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."
ElizabethG

Re: Engine Access Door

Post by ElizabethG »

Hi Barbara,

I'm not sure what enlarging that access door will buy you that you can't reach with the aft cabin engine panel off.

I use that door to open/close the engine raw water through hull, quick check for leaks, etc. and that's about it.

Bill
Atlanta
Elizabeth G
wolfe10

Re: Engine Access Door

Post by wolfe10 »

ElizabethG wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:52 pm Hi Barbara,

I'm not sure what enlarging that access door will buy you that you can't reach with the aft cabin engine panel off.

I use that door to open/close the engine raw water through hull, quick check for leaks, etc. and that's about it.

Bill
Atlanta
Elizabeth G
Same here, plus access the rear port engine mount bolt.

What else are you wanting to access on the port side of the engine that would warrant cabinetry work?
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL