Mattress Dimensions

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's interior here. Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Moderator: KenKrawford

LI_Sound_Cat

Mattress Dimensions

Post by LI_Sound_Cat »

Hello,
Apologies if this has been addressed before. I am looking to get the exact dimensions of the mattresses for both the forward and aft cabins if someone happens to have them on file? I am looking to make sailrite covers for the mattresses and am not near the boat.
Thanks,
Dan
Dan
“Glandore”
william vanwagoner

Re: Mattress Dimensions

Post by william vanwagoner »

I did the aft cabin cushions (published in the Winter 2020 Mainsheet Magazine) and it came out well. While the dimensions are good for figuring out how much fabric to buy, I believe there is no substitute for using the actual cushions for patterning. The port aft cabin cushion is not the same on top and bottom with variable vertical angles along the port edge. Also, the corners are slightly rounded. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that my cushions are exactly the same size as yours.

My measurements are as follows:

Aft cabin starboard side cushion is rectangular at 54" long, 43" wide, and about 6 to 7" thick (variable with all the padding).

The TOP of the aft cabin port side cushion is 54" long where it meets the starboard side cushion, 43" long at the front, 34" at the back, and about 6 to 7 inches thick. Again, keep in mind the top and bottom are not the same along the port edge.

The TOP of the forward cabin cushion is 78.5" long, 60" wide at the widest point (about 36" from the aft end and about 42" from the bow end), the aft end is 46" wide, the bow end is 28" wide, and the matress is 6" to 7" thick. The bottom is not the same as the top due to angled sides on the forward half.

Good luck with your project.
Bill VanWagoner
Destiny #229
LI_Sound_Cat

Post by LI_Sound_Cat »

Bill,

Thanks very much - this is great. I had taken some dimensions the last time I was at the boat but wasn’t that precise - this will definitely help validate.

Appreciate It — Dan
Dan
“Glandore”
Jrelihan

Post by Jrelihan »

I have a similar problem in that my old mattresses have been lost by the custom shop and therefore have no template to produce new ones.
The dimensions supplied by Bill are great , however ,
I am not sure how to seal with the amble of the mattress on top vs the bottom. Any thoughts on who might have a full template that includes all of the angles needed for a good fit.
JR
John Relihan
C 350 # 102
“ Navigator “
Midland , Ontario
Henry2000boats

Post by Henry2000boats »

I have a 2003 350 and I’m replacing the rear mattress that was recently damaged. I looked at just going with the original Catalina 2 piece unit; but after a bit of research have decided to go with a “ hinged” 3 piece. This is mainly for the easy removal for checking the engine strainer.

I have the dimensions of the two piece mattress and will be glad to share them. They reflect the angle from top to bottom and along the angled side.
LI_Sound_Cat

Post by LI_Sound_Cat »

That would be great - thanks very much.
Dan
“Glandore”
eatkins23

Post by eatkins23 »

Henry, I'm a new Used 2003 C-350 owner, Can you send me the mattress dimentions for both the V-berth and Aft berth Split mattresses. (Lengh x Width x Thickness) I'm trying to find a standard mattress cover to hlep keep then clean and prevent mildew. Also can you recommend standard size bedding for both cabins, *example: QUEEN size for Full Size
I appreciat any suggestions on how you solved this issue. Thx Eatkins23
eatkins23
"Grand Marnier II"
C-350-#10
Stamford CT
Henry2000boats

Post by Henry2000boats »

Hello Eatkins23,

I have the aft berth dimensions only. Catalina Direct may have the V berth.

I changed over to a 3- piece folding unit in hopes that checking the engine and generator strainers will be easier. Jury is out.
Either way; Please find the Aft Berth dimensions and drawings for your use.
Attachments
3 piece
3 piece
350 Boat Matress - pic 2.JPG (71.28 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
2 piece
2 piece
350 Boat Mattress - aft berth.JPG (60.08 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
eatkins23

Post by eatkins23 »

Henry, Thanks for the detailed drawings and measurements. These diagrams are a great help. Evan
eatkins23
"Grand Marnier II"
C-350-#10
Stamford CT
Kerdel

Post by Kerdel »

Hi,

It mainly depends on finish thickness, 6", a 4" firm memory foam base with a 2 " gel topper and a 2" feather or better than feather finish...it will settle to 7". cut all but feather to size, tuck the feather and you have a $2000 mattress for $200. Works, easy..