Shutdown/Fuel chop lever

You guessed it. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's engine and transmission here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Amnesia

Shutdown/Fuel chop lever

Post by Amnesia »

Went sailing last weekend. Shut the engine down three times. First two times as normal, third time the lever was very stiff to pull out. After shut down and pushing it back in I couldn't pull it out at all.

It was late in the day, so just buttoned up and went home.

Anyone have thoughts on what I may find, and what I need to be prepared to do to "fix" the shutdown lever/cable?

Thanks in advance!
Mike Emery

S/V Amnesia
Cat350 #169
wolfe10

Re: Shutdown/Fuel chop lever

Post by wolfe10 »

Mike,

Have you looked at the engine end of the fuel shutoff cable while someone tries to operate the T handle at the helm?

On the engine end, It is on the starboard side of the engine. It can be seen/reached by removing the steps/forward engine cover.

It can also be seen/reached by removing the panel under the center of the aft bed (over the shaft).

Suspect it can also be seen/reached by removing the inspection lid over the forward shelf, centerline in aft cabin.
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL
SeaBreeze

Post by SeaBreeze »

Possibly rusty cable. Follow earlier post or if by yourself, try to move the shut off lever on the engine block.
Rick
Rick Parish
Sea Breeze
Amnesia

Post by Amnesia »

I haven't looked at it yet, so don't know if its the cable (probably) or the shutoff on the engine.
Mike Emery

S/V Amnesia
Cat350 #169