Exhaust Port Temps

You guessed it. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's engine and transmission here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

zman18

Exhaust Port Temps

Post by zman18 »

Does anyone know what the normal temps should be at the exhaust ports when running 2300 rpm? Thanks
John Zoda
Compass Rose
Hull# 484
wolfe10

Re: Exhaust Port Temps

Post by wolfe10 »

Sorry, no direct answer.

But, two things:
1. What is the concern/symptom that raises that issue?

2. Main thing I would be looking for is that exhaust temperatures are similar/minimal variation.
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL
zman18

Post by zman18 »

Still trying to resolve high temp indication on gauge around 180. However laser temp at thermostat about 150. Replaced thermostat and temperature sender. Believe there may be air in system but have not been successful getting it out. Anyway in my continued troubleshooting I’m trying to monitor temps in many areas of the engine. Most seem normal but I’m not sure of the exhaust temps.
John Zoda
Compass Rose
Hull# 484
wolfe10

Post by wolfe10 »

Does engine have normal power?

Any smoke (an indication of over-fueling)?
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL
zman18

Post by zman18 »

Yes engine runs normal no smoke. Confusing part is all the temps I take on the engine seem normal. Not sure what a normal temp is on the exhaust port which is what prompted my question.
My other question is when bleeding at the thermostat how should the stream look, steady and strong or dripping out? Mine is small with some air bubbles occasionally
John Zoda
Compass Rose
Hull# 484