Cracked Eisenglass

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Flagmanmike

Cracked Eisenglass

Post by Flagmanmike »

I recently had a crack in the Eisenglass at an attachment point on my dodger. I stumbled across a new product, Gorilla Clear Repair Tape. It's advertised description is shown below. I bought it at Home Depot for $5.97 for 27 ft. I applied it over the cracked area 7 weeks ago and so far no problems. An inexpensive fix to avoid or put off an expensive repair.

Heavy duty
Made with an extra thick adhesive layer
Weatherproof: waterproof backing, UV and temperature resistant
Crystal clear
Won't yellow outdoors
Airtight: for patching smooth surfaces
Easy to tear by hand: notched edge design
For thousands of uses, including: leather seat cushions, automotive, plastic inflatables, tarps, awnings, covers, plastic repair, labeling, camping, cracked smartphones
PMueller

Re: Cracked Eisenglass

Post by PMueller »

Thanks! I was just lamenting about how I could fix a tear in the bottom of my cockpit cushion that was there from the PO. Other than this tear the cushions are in terrific shape so don't want to recover. I will buy and try this stuff.
Guinevere

Re: Cracked Eisenglass

Post by Guinevere »

++

I also used the Gorilla tape for a year without it coming loose.

Just bit the bullet and got all new acrylic and canvas. Also raised the whole dodger about 4" so I can now see through the dodger instead of having to stand up to see over it.

Bob
Guinevere
Guinevere