Shift lever position on Hurth transmission

You guessed it. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's engine and transmission here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

SeaBreeze

Shift lever position on Hurth transmission

Post by SeaBreeze »

I have a C350, 2003 model with M35B engine and Hurth transmission. I’m hull number 78. Does anyone know what the shift lever position on the transmission (not pedestal shift lever) should be when in neutral? Engine manual shows it straight up, 12 o’clock in neutral. I had a mechanic do some engine work that required removal of shift and throttle cables. After completion of the work, the pedestal shift feels very different. No distinctive click as forward is engaged. Very ‘sponge like’ feeling in neutral and forward. Reverse feels ok, nice crisp engagement like before. Eay to mistake neutral but be actually slightly engaged in forward when it feels like neutral. I’m wondering if pedestal lever and transmission lever were not properly set in a matching position. Current transmission mounted lever is 3 o’clock when in forward, anout 100 o’clock in neutral and about 1100 o’clock in reverse. Also notice I can no longer push in the pedestal lever black button to rev up engine in neutral.
Rick
Sea Breeze
Rick Parish
Sea Breeze