rigging the genoa car

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's sails and rigging and here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

nybor

rigging the genoa car

Post by nybor »

I think (no, i HAVE) screwed up replacing the genoa control lines to my cars' rail hardware setup. Why? because when I try to re-position the clew forward or aft, instead the main sheet traveler instead moves. (ok it is not as bad as that, but still I can't remember how it was originally rigged - I know... PHOTOS FIRST).

two questions, is there a link showing the threading of the line thru the pulleys? Also, the line is a continuous piece of rope and I ordered one too long.

As usual, thanks for everyone's help in advance.

dave (Nybor)
Monty

Re: rigging the genoa car

Post by Monty »

send me your email and I will send you a plan for the car's rigging. This system won't let me attach the document I have. Steve
Steve Montgomery
Salty, hull #418
Deltaville, VA
TEM58

Post by TEM58 »

Dave, are you talking about the Garhauer adjustable cars?

Tim
Tim Meredith
Perfect Match II
2003 #35
Belton, TX
Boat currently Punta Gorda, FL
nybor

Post by nybor »

yes GARHAUER E Z GLIDE with the optional cam. I contacted them in Australia and they sent me some info, but kinda generic. The question is the little metal loop at the end of the of the cam. Does the line go under or thru that?

I added a photo showing the loop.

thanks

dave
Attachments
sj-2-300x162.png
sj-2-300x162.png (39.01 KiB) Viewed 15 times
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

This is little off topic, sorry not intending to hi-jack this thread. But I have similar situation and just need to know the size of the genoa track. I think it might be 1 1/2 inch but not sure. I'm not near the boat right now.

Thanks
Kirk & Leah McCullough
#031 -Full Batten Main, Rocna 20
Sand Dollar
Point Roberts, WA