New Installation - Mabru 12VDC Air Conditioning

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's air conditioning here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

S/V Tavish B.

New Installation - Mabru 12VDC Air Conditioning

Post by S/V Tavish B. »

Hi all,

I recently completed a new installation (never had AC before) of the MABRU 12v systems, a 7000 BTU unit. Since I had no system in place prior to, it took about six or seven 10hr days to get it all installed the way I wanted, but so far I'm really enjoying the 12v system. With the recent Lithium upgrade, I now have Air Conditioning, which I probably don't need, but the Heater has been a game changer for increased overnight comfort.

It's only plumbed to blow air into the aft cabin and main saloon, didn't want to take on the challenge of running it to the forward cabin (we use the aft cabin as our owner's cabin).

Here's a link to a video of the project, hopefully it can be of some value to other C350 owners...I wouldn't have been able to complete this AC project without the other contributors on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5-Esp8lwNY&t=17s

Cheers,
Nick C.
S/V Tavish B.
Hull #26
KenKrawford

Re: New Installation - Mabru 12VDC Air Conditioning

Post by KenKrawford »

That sounds like a pretty slick setup. If you ever decide you want the unit to supply the forward cabin, it shouldn't take much to accomplish. My 2005 had a 4" piece of flexible duct that runs from the galley to the forward cabin on the starboard side. It's tucked just above the edge of the liner as indicated by the arrow.
AC Duct.jpg
AC Duct.jpg (134.05 KiB) Viewed 379 times
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA