Bimini Expansion Panel

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Jim&Deb

Bimini Expansion Panel

Post by Jim&Deb »

Hi everyone, we are trying to find a good source for the canvas panel which attaches to the bimini and extends to the dodger. Both the bimini and the dodger appear to be factory items on our boat. I have looked everywhere online and can't locate one. I appreciate any help in finding one!
Jim&Deb
Heeling Wind
Hull 330
Town Creek VA
russp

Re: Bimini Expansion Panel

Post by russp »

Hi Jim,
I suspect you will need to have one custom made, ours came with the hardtop dodger and bimini. The dodger has rails to slide the section into, and the bimini has zips to attach. Can't imagine there is anyway to get one off the shelf.

Even then I made up extension flaps because water running off that extension dripped inside the combing, you need to find a way to extend it beyond the combing.

Russ Peel
Russ Peel
Avalon #150
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

Try contacting JSI Canvas. I’m not sure if they did Catalina's canvas but do know they did most on the interior cushions.
http://www.newjsi.com/
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
digitalvillager

Post by digitalvillager »

I vote with Russ on this one (sorry Ken). If you want it to fit correctly, you will need to find a canvas shop that will come to the boat and measure and fit.
Charlie & Jeanne Monroe
PO Hull #285
Amelia Island, Florida
Jim&Deb

Post by Jim&Deb »

Hey, Thanks everybody for your replies! We had our first cruise today with our kids (all adults) and sailed out of the Rappahannock river to the Chesapeake bay. Nice wind, beautiful water and great company! We love our boat, it's just what we were looking for. However, it would help to have more shade in the cockpit and I will check with the folks that were mentioned.
Jim&Deb
Heeling Wind
Hull 330
Town Creek VA