Blue, Red Water Line Size and leak RESOLVED

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's plumbing here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

BJH

Blue, Red Water Line Size and leak RESOLVED

Post by BJH »

The blue and red potable water lines on our 2005 boar read Sea Tech 888-500-056, I can't see a size on the limited section of line I looked at. In looking up Sea Tech, they were bought by Watts Agualock. They appear to have the same type of tubing. Is the 350's tubing 1/2" or 15mm?
The reason I need this info is we have a hot water leak originating from under the galley floor, with no access to this area I plan to cut the old section and attach a new section and pull it through but I need the correct hose and connectors.
Last edited by BJH on Wed May 31, 2023 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BJH
Miss Sea-ducer, Hull 329
Pasadena MD
MarkElliott

Re: Blue And Red Water Line Size 2005

Post by MarkElliott »

After many back and forth to supply stores, I settled on pex “A”. 1/2”. Heat with a hair dryer and barbed adapters slide right in. Firm up enough when cool that will have to reheat or split with a razor knife to get off.
Mark Elliott
Mintaka ‘03 #71
Mark Elliott
Mintaka #71
Noank Ct.
BJH

Post by BJH »

Yeah, I'll probably do something along those lines. I'm going down this morning with a bore scope to actually see the leak before I start cutting things. After that I'll have a piece of it to find the proper connector to connect whatever I patch in.

Miss Sea-ducer
BJH
Miss Sea-ducer, Hull 329
Pasadena MD
BJH

Post by BJH »

RESOLVED!!! There are no fittings beneath the galley floor, just straight runs of 15mm Sea Tech SF-857 (Blue) and SF-858 (Red) Uniflex lines (Now Aqua Lock). What I origi ally thought was a part number was a partial phone number. In tbe galley, the storage pan does not come out, if you unscrew the wood floor a fiberglass floor awaits you (luckily I read and saw the pictures on that). I took a bore scope with me today to look under the galley floor. I turned the HWH on, after a while the pump started cycling with water magically coming into the galley sink area from the galley floor. I bore scoped it and saw the water coming but couldn't position it to see exactly where. I went to the aft berth and bore scoped again seeing water but no fractured lines. I felt the red and blue water lines and oddly enough a BLUE line was hot! Puzzled I sat and then pulled on it and about a foot of hose came out with an open end! What could this be? After a minute I realized it was the HWH relief valve drain hose. I replaced the HWH relief valve and all is right with the world!!!
The bore scope will stay on the boat.
BJH
Miss Sea-ducer, Hull 329
Pasadena MD