Number of C350 Mark 1 and Mark 2

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Pgtjs

Number of C350 Mark 1 and Mark 2

Post by Pgtjs »

I'm not sure which category to enter this query. I would like to know how many C350s were made, how many were Mark 1 and which years and the same for the Mark 2s. Is mine the only one with a factory installed Yanmar 30 Hp 3YM30 diesel? Were they all made in Florida? Many thanks in anticipation,

Geoff. S. C350 #392, Taeko 1V, Semiahmoo Marina, Blaine WA.
Geoff.S., Semiahmoo, WA.
Zigzag

Re: Number of C350 Mark 1 and Mark 2

Post by Zigzag »

Hi Geoff
ZigZag was the last 350 built as far as I know. Sail/hull # is 499. She was a special order for me in 2010 during what we call the GFC when Catalina had laid off half of their building crew I was told. It has a factory fitted Yanmar 3YM30 which I replaced a year ago at 7,500 hours. ZigZag was in charter in the Whitsundays for all of its life up until ver recently. Now in Moreton Bay, Brisbane (Australia) as my private boat.
ZigZag #499
Brisbane Australia
Facebook: Zigzag Yacht Charters
Ken Rollins

Re: Number of C350 Mark 1 and Mark 2

Post by Ken Rollins »

Geoff,
[*]My 350 is #393 which has a Kubota based Universal M-35B engine.

Ken Rollins
CKARMA IV
dedgell

Re: Number of C350 Mark 1 and Mark

Post by dedgell »

Blue Wing is C350 #442, one of the last of the MkI boats. She was ordered as dealer stock (back when they did such things), and arrived from the factory in March 2007. We viewed her when she arrived at the dealer but did not pull the trigger until the boat show in October 2007. By that time the MkII was in production and at the show. We considered both, ended up purchasing our MkI.

So, the change over from MkI to MkII happened around mid-2007, probably hull number 450+/-. It would be interesting to know for sure.