Sheet Sizes for Berths

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's interior here. Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Moderator: KenKrawford

Tim April IV

Sheet Sizes for Berths

Post by Tim April IV »

This seems to come up a lot - I dug up a post from a while back with the following sketch of the forward berth measurements.

We measured the matteresses and decided to buy a fitted Queen size set for the fwd cabin, and to wait on the aft cabin as we currently don't sleep there.

Both matteresses measure appox 6" thick.

As shown, the matteress in the fwd cabin measures 77" from fwd to aft along the center of the matteress. At the fwd end, it is about 27" wide measured port to stbd. At the aft end, it measures 46" port to stbd. At the widest point, the matteress measures 58" port to stbd.
This "widest point" occurs 37" from the aft corners and 44" from the fwd corners.

The matteress in the aft cabin is 54" wide measured from aft to fwd. Measured from port to stbd at the aft side it is 78". From port to stbd at the fwd side it measures 86".

Sweet Dreams!
Tim Brogan
April IV C350 #68
Seattle
Triumph

Post by Triumph »

Thanks Tim, I was about to tacjle this project, your scetch and measurments will make it a lot easier for me.

Bill
c350makeway

Sheets from Catalina

Post by c350makeway »

Tim,

Many thanks for the measurements. I purchased the fitted sheets from Catalina, that is they were a give away and final point of negotiation to close the deal on my purchase of the boat.

The OEM sheets fit well and have a reasonable thread count, however, if one is looking to spend a substantial amount of time under the sheets rather than under sail, one may be wise to select sheets with a higher thread count such as 600 vs the Catalina issue.

Armin
s/v "Make Way"
Tim April IV

Flannel in the Northwest

Post by Tim April IV »

Here in the northwest, we really enjoy our flannel sheets - in the winter they make that bunk real cozy.
Tim Brogan
April IV C350 #68
Seattle
Kerdel

Re: Sheet Sizes for Berths

Post by Kerdel »

Hi,

The perfect size for bedsheets in fwd cabin is,

V Berth (1) Fitted Sheet 88”H 82”L 20”F, (1) Flat Sheet 102”H 110”L 40”F,

XL V Berth (1) Fitted Sheet 102”H 82”L 30”F, (1) Flat Sheet 102”H 110”L 40”F,

This size is close to Queen bedsheets size but not the exact as the mattress wall is 32cm to 34 cm , if fitted sheet wall is less then 34cm then it wont fit perfect,
In your given dimensions the mattress thickness is 6 inches which is lower then you have to get custom made as the sizes which are available are ready to purchase are different, only flat sheets can only be used. I am from Australia and our Queen size fitted wall size is 40 cm and it is impossible us to fit that on fwd cabin mattress.
The solution is purchase custom made bed sheets and it will cost $60-$70 and available in Queen bed sheets Australia.
flannelette sheets can only be used in winter and it is hard to clean and mostly people use vacuum to clean it