A/B CU100

One of everybodies' favorite topics. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's refrigerator here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

elk

A/B CU100

Post by elk »

I'm going to replace the compressor for the fridge and am wondering which connectors I have? It's a 2006 boat #399. Do I have the quick connect fittings at the compressor or the "one-shot" fittings? If one shot type, does anyone know the procedure to install the quick connect fittings?

Thanks,
Ed Kruzel
S/V Emily
Hull #399, 2006 C350
Cataumet, MA
CaptGeorge

Re: A/B CU100

Post by CaptGeorge »

I see it's been a while since your post. Did you have any success swapping your compressor? Below is a message I sent to Adler Barbour.

I am attempting to install a new compressor CU-100 (model 9108777973) with my existing evaporator. When disconnecting the cooling copper lines from the compressor, the top went OK, but the bottom appears (Circled in blue) to be stripped and will not disconnect. It just spins. I have tried wrenches on both sides and can get it to spin until it reaches a point of binding. I do not have enough force to push through this. I can send pictures, but can I install new connectors on the evaporator lines so I do not have to replace it? If so, what is the part number and procedure? The evaporator is a custom shaped box and was working fine - I was only replacing the compressor because the cooling fan was loud. Thanks for your help and advice.
Hull Number 124
elk

Re: A/B CU100

Post by elk »

I just replaced my 2006 AB compressor and it did not have the self sealing fittings. You have to buy the fitting adapters to make them self sealing, about $200+ dollars from West Marine.

As far as the spinning fitting you might have broken the solder joint that attaches the end fitting to the tube. If so you’ll need to have it resoldered or rebrazed, or attach the tube to the new fittings with a Pro Press installer.

Good luck.
Ed Kruzel
S/V Emily
Hull #399, 2006 C350
Cataumet, MA