Possible Forward Water Tank Leak?

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's plumbing here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

starfish

Possible Forward Water Tank Leak?

Post by starfish »

Hello all, and Happy New Year!

Can anyone map me the water line from the forward tank? I have a leak somewhere that I need to track down. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks
Ed
2005, 333
Ed Kleinstuber
s/v Starfish
C350 #333
wolfe10

Re: Possible Forward Water Tank Leak?

Post by wolfe10 »

Ed,

First step is to verify this IS a potable water tank leak rather than a water leak forward of there that is running under the tank.

I would use a hose the heck out of the stem fitting and anchor locker to see if one of those may be the source.
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL
starfish

Post by starfish »

Hi Brett, it has been verified that the leak is from the forward tank, SOMEWHERE.
Not 100% sure if it is the tank itself or pipes from the tank, but it is the source. Would certainly
like to start simple and find the lines leading from the tank and check those first, then the clamps
and then the tank itself.

But I need to find out where the lines are so I can check. Can you help with that?

Thanks
Ed
Ed Kleinstuber
s/v Starfish
C350 #333
starfish

Post by starfish »

Good morning, Brett,

Any luck getting the info from your brother about he hoses from the forward tank?

Thanks
Ed
Ed Kleinstuber
s/v Starfish
C350 #333
wolfe10

Post by wolfe10 »

Yes, sent to your e-mail 1/4/22 and just resent.
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL
Macdonaldfarm

Post by Macdonaldfarm »

Hello, we believe that we have also ruptured a front fresh water tank connection en route to haul out this summer.
Bilge water not salty and rather clear, and volume lessened when water pump was turned off.
Would love to know how the line runs along on starboard side. Can only see tubing as it exits towards starboard from base of water tank in the vee berth inspection plate on floor. Water was leaking through hole under sole into the bilge. Plumbing plan in manual has no details.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Macdonaldfarm

Post by Macdonaldfarm »

Hello all,
I wanted to thank everyone on the forum for providing such a wealth of information. After reading the threads on water leaks, we identified that a hose had become disconnected from the hot water heater when we hoisted our fender out of the aft lazzarette during our boat move to summer dry storage.
Thank you so very much for using this forum to help others in need. Truly saved our bacon! Best Regards!