Mystery Leak

You guessed it. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's engine and transmission here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

jrohrbaugh

Mystery Leak

Post by jrohrbaugh »

I have an oil leak that is coming from the area of the fuel filter (engine) bracket. For the life of me I can't figure it out.
I seems to be getting worse over time. Any ideas? I have attached a pic that shows the drip.
Thanks in advance for any help

Jamie
S/V Soixante Hull #444
Attachments
20220106_121451.jpg
20220106_121451.jpg (170.9 KiB) Viewed 680 times
D&M

Re: Mystery Leak

Post by D&M »

As someone who has replaced that bracket after it fractured, I think the leak is from somewhere higher up the engine block. Have you examined all sources above that point?
Regards,

David
Sea Lanes #281
Cairns, Australi
a
jrohrbaugh

Re: Mystery Leak

Post by jrohrbaugh »

I am calling my mechanic to look at it. Still can't locate. I've also sent a message to Westerbeke to see if they have any ideas. Lots of chatter about the broken fuel bracket. I don't know if there is to be gasket material on the upper bolt. Maybe that is where it's coming from.
As to the water. I've noticed that my engine connections that are on the sea water side have all turned green. I was in salty/baricle water for a few months. Maybe that is the cause? I also have had an electrical problem wtih the new GFI plug ins. I had a electrical repair guy "fix" the problem by eliminating a shorted out water heater.
Who the heck konw.
Thanks for any reply and ideas you might have. I'll post results of mechancs inspection.
"