VacuFlush

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's head here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Mojo

VacuFlush

Post by Mojo »

Has anyone installed a VacuFlush head system on a 350? I have one now on a SeaRay and like it a lot. Has anyone had experience with both the Wilcox and VacuFlush? If so, which do you prefer. I will be ordering a new 350 and figure the time to do a conversion is prior to commissioning.
Mojo
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

Mojo,

Congrats. on you impending retirement. I think you will really like your new C350.
I don't have any experience with the VacuFlush but will offer a bit of feedback on the stock electric flush that comes with the boat. We sail on a lake so holding tanks are mandatory. My biggest disappointment with the electric flush (versus the standard manual system on most boats) is how quickly the 20 gallon holding tank fills up. I assume that you will also be using your holding tank in San Diego. According to their web site, VacuFlush states that their products use 1.5 pints of water per flush. At that rate, you should get approximately 100 flushes per tank, give or take. In my opinion, that would be a huge reason to go with VacuFlush. In real life that may not fly and maybe someone else can weigh in.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA