catalina 350 shower

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's plumbing here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

keevers

catalina 350 shower

Post by keevers »

does anyone know where to get a replacement hose for the shower in the cat 350. I've repaired it a couple of times and now it needs to be replaced.
thanks christine #2
Hans Grasman

shower hose

Post by Hans Grasman »

I just replaced mine. Bought one at an ACE HDW store. Make sure you take your old one with you since all the shower hoses I found had different
connection sizes. I needed an adaptor for attaching the new hose back to the connection under the wall shower faucet handle.
Most hose connections have the same size connector on both ends whereas our hose has the standard connection for the shower head end and a much smaller connection for the wall faucet end.
I could only find the right product at ACE. Home Depot and Lowes did not have it.
Hans
Belcourt # 165
TBOT422

Re: catalina 350 shower

Post by TBOT422 »

We just replaced the hose to the shower spray head as well. The problem is that nearly all shower hoses that you can buy at the local hardware stores are 1/2" NPT female fittings on both ends. This works fine for the spray head, but the fitting at the faucet is 3/8 BSP. I couldn't find a female 3/8 BSP to male 1/2 NPT adapter at the hardware store, so I used a standard 3/8 NPT to 1/2 NPT fitting. It sort of works, but because there is no face gasket to seal it, it took lots of Teflon tape to keep it from leaking. You can buy the correct 3/8 BSP to 1/2 NPT fitting at lots of on-line boat stores (Scandvik 11004 or similar), or possibly a well stocked plumbing supply store.

If replacing your shower spray hose, look for one that has an O-ring on the outside of the spray head fitting. It's not used to seal anything, but provides a better grip when stowing the spray nozzle in the wall mounted holder.
Gary & Janet
The Best of Times (Hull #422)
Tehani

Post by Tehani »

Defender Marine has the shower hose in stock (Dec 2016)
KevinMc

Post by KevinMc »

I replaced the hose and the shower head with one from Lowes. Everyone is right - you will need a few fittings to connect the hose/sprayer to the boat but my thought is $25 at Lowes for the hose plus fittings is the cheap easy way t go.
Kevin
NavSta Norfolk Marina
Pete Bruzik

C350 shower replacement faucet / repair leak

Post by Pete Bruzik »

Hello All,
I have been looking for a replacement shower faucet / or hints to repair - mine leaks from the handle when "on". I do not see any way to remove the handle to tighten up the valve stem as on most faucets...
So... repair or replace - if replace what works with the connections we have?
I have checked out the web extensively including RV parts...
We are original owners - have not needed to even replace the hose yet...
Thanks,
Pete Bruzik - PEKABU 3 - 2003 #107
S/V Serendipity

Post by S/V Serendipity »

When we purchased Serendipity the original shower hose was bad. We took the hose to Lowes, got the adaptor fitting and a new handheld shower for about $15.00.
Good Luck
Bart, Trish, Sailor and Gizmo
S/V Serendipity
Daytona Beach, Fl.
wcconway

Post by wcconway »

Hi Pete, we also had to get an adapter and new hose. Bought the replacement shower head at an RV store. If you can't fine one, we'll
be glad to get one to you. It was $10.
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida
Pete Bruzik

Post by Pete Bruzik »

Hi All,
First thanks for the speedy replies!
I need to fix / replace the mixing faucet body for head shower - not the hose or wand.
When the faucet mixer handle is in an "on" position it leaks from under the mixer handle.
I hoped to remove the mixer handle to see if I could "tighten" a valve stem if one is there. But can not see how to remove.
I can not find a replacement faucet - checked RV supply sites etc.
Really don't want to change to a different design.
So... has anyone taken it apart?
Has anyone found an exact replacement?
Thanks All!!!
Pete Bruzik PEKABU3 2003 #107
Richard Ad

Re: C350 shower replacement faucet / repair leak

Post by Richard Ad »

Pete Bruzik wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:29 am Hello All,
I have been looking for a replacement shower faucet / or hints to repair - mine leaks from the handle when "on". I do not see any way to remove the handle to tighten up the valve stem as on most faucets...
So... repair or replace - if replace what works with the connections we have?
I have checked out the web extensively including RV parts...
We are original owners - have not needed to even replace the hose yet...
Thanks,
Pete Bruzik - PEKABU 3 - 2003 #107
Hi Pete. This is Rick (CCYC) S/V Integrity. I know your post is from a while ago so I'm not sure if you're still on the Bay. I haven't been too active in CCYC now that I'm no longer in Annapolis and further up the Bay. Anyhow, my shower faucet is also leaking when it is in the ON position. I took it apart (pretty easy to do with a alan set and large pliers) and discovered it is the ceramic disk mixer. My faucet is an Aravon (Boat Warehouse / Australia) and was able to contact them and order a new cartridge. I'll post a follow up once I receive it and install it. My next option is to replace it with a Scadvik mixer faucet and add a Scadvik elbow for the hose attachment. I will need to drill a new hole in the shower wall for the elbow.
c350ia

Post by c350ia »

The hose is now available on Amazon for around $25. I just ordered it.
It is Scandvik Replacement 6' Hose 10290,White. I am fine with it not being chrome and I believe it might be more durable.

Trevor
TREVI #460