Replacing Inlet Fitting on Aft Potable Water Tank

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's plumbing here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Pazzo

Replacing Inlet Fitting on Aft Potable Water Tank

Post by Pazzo »

Has anyone replaced the inlet fitting on the aft water tank under the bunk. A previous owner appears to have replaced the fitting with a non-standard fitting that is too large and sits proud of the bunk so that the covering hatch does not sit flush with the bunk. Suggestions are welcome.
Jerry McIntosh
Pazzo, Hull #340
Pgtjs

Re: Replacing Inlet Fitting on Aft Potable Water Tank

Post by Pgtjs »

HI there,

Mine came that way new 15 years ago. I did not notice it until we had to make the bed up for someone in the aft cabin a couple of years later. It only pertruded about 1/2 inch above the seating line of the board so I carefully cut a patterned hole out of the board and it fitted perfectly. Covered the hole on the upper side with some clear plastic and a bit of duct tape and it is not visible or an issue. I lift the board occasionally when checking for any sign of mold etc (none) and I keep the mattress raised in the winter with some storage trays. No problems with the plastic/duct tape.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Geoff. Taeko 1V, C350/392, Semiahmoo Marina, Blaine, WA
Geoff.S., Semiahmoo, WA.
Pazzo

Post by Pazzo »

Thanks Geoff.
Jerry McIntosh
Pazzo, Hull #340
Olivia Mae

Post by Olivia Mae »

Ours is the same way. It only seems to stick up too high when the tank is first filled all the way. After we use some water, it settles back down some. If the mattress was on, I have a feeling the tank wouldn't fill quite so high with the pressure of the mattress on it, but not sure. So far, I've just ignored it as it's been that way for going on 18 years now.
Scott and Linda

Olivia Mae
C350 Hull #53
Erie, Pa.