Dinette Tables

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's interior here. Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Moderator: KenKrawford

belladonna

Dinette Tables

Post by belladonna »

I realize that this topic was discussed back in 2015 but I'm looking for further information. Has anyone come up with another solution for this issue besides building a new table or cutting the old large one; I'm thinking one in-between the sizes of the small and large tables would be ideal. How about a fold down table attached to the forward bulkhead that could be folded down and supported with a folding leg when being used ?? The old Catalina 30's used this design forever and when folded up it really opens up the cabin. Any info/suggestions/ ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx, Jim
Jim Lassiter
2005 Catalina 350 "BELLA DONNA" # 368
White Stone, VA (lower Chesapeake Bay)
nybor

Re: Dinette Tables

Post by nybor »

Hi, had the same dilemma, i.e., porage too hot or too cold. So I had a medium size table made out of smoked cast acrylic with fiddles around it to keep things from sliding off. I like it but also thought about the fold down idea as well. Just didn't want to mess up the bulkhead. I can measure it and send you a photo of it later when i get down to the boat.

It wasn't very expensive - can't remember, but maybe $125?

later

dave B
Nybor
ps here is my email if you want me to send you the info via mail
dave@ce.ufl.edu
Interlude35

Post by Interlude35 »

Hi-We are also looking for solutions - we have permanently stored the large dinette table in the aft cabin and love the additional space in the main cabin. One option is a removable table somewhat smaller than the large dinette table. The options are to hook it to the bulkhead with a third fold down leg or to use the existing table support system. If the removable table is small enough perhaps it could be stored somewhere that does not block the aft cabin port window. The new Island Packet 349 has a bulkhead mounted fold down table with an inlaid IP logo on it which sounds good. Looking for solutions.

John & Marilyn Ferguson
Interlude - 2005 #316
New London, Ct
JohnNorton

Post by JohnNorton »

John: My 350 (No. 209) as well as the large table has a smaller table, about half size that came with the boat. Perhaps Catalina has these available.
Interlude35

Post by Interlude35 »

John - Thank you for the response. We do also have the smaller table. After seeing how huge the cabin is after removing the table & floor stands, I am looking for a table that is either: removable and when stored does not block stern portlight in the aft cabin - or - folds up against the bulkhead but sits just off the floorboards when in the stored position. Still looking.

John & Marilyn Ferguson
2005 - Interlude