Additional Seating/Footrest

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

cuthbert

Additional Seating/Footrest

Post by cuthbert »

I would like to add some additional seating around the table and/or have a footrest, I have this photo that I found somewhere on the internet which is exactly the sort of thing I want (same interior color/material also) does anyone know what this additional seat is in the photo?
Where to get one made? How to secure it when sailing? If you have done this mod, did you do it such that it doubled up as additional storage?
Cinterior.jpg
Cinterior.jpg (62.2 KiB) Viewed 4987 times
leigh weiss

Re: Additional Seating/Footrest

Post by leigh weiss »

The seat is for converting the table to a sleeper. it fits at the head of the table when the table is lowered and completes the conversion.
The legs of the seat fold down to help with storage.
This part might be available from Catalina. We use ours all the time and find it a welcome addition.
Leigh and Donna Weiss
Brisa #155
Georgetown, MD. USA
JohnNorton

Post by JohnNorton »

I use round, small upholstered foot stools (I think from Home Goods). Changed the bottom so it opens up, we store lightweight stuff inside them. These are very versatile; can be brought on deck, used anywhere- and inexpensive. We placed pads on the bottom so they don't slip around or mar the floor.
BillBerner

Post by BillBerner »

I have exactly the folding bench pictured, as well as the fill in cushion that goes on top of the table to make up the sleeper for sale, if you're interested. As new condition.

BB
Bill Berner
#66, Stamford CT.
Amnesia

Post by Amnesia »

The bench and the fill in for the berth, and the lower table legs to make up the berth were original with the boat.

Sorry to say if when you bought your boat you didn't receive those parts, you were unfortunately sold an incomplete version of the C350.

As indicated in the previous response, many owners have probably never ever used those parts.

I'm sure there are many owners willing to sell you their pieces totally unused..as is ours...the largest cost to you will probably be shipping.

Good luck and have a GREAT TIME WITH YOUR C350!
Mike Emery

S/V Amnesia
Cat350 #169