Forward Water Tank not flowing fully

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's plumbing here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

SiegmanM

Post by SiegmanM »

Hi,

After a Connecticut Winter in the water the flow from my forward water tank is way too slow. I had drained it in the fall and put in potable antifreeze.

Rear tank works fine. There doesn't seem to be any water leak from the front. I can't find any kinks in the hose that I can reach. Could I have an air bubble and if so any suggestions on clearing it.

Thanks,

Mike Siegman
Starship Venus
Milford, CT
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

They way I purge air from my system is to open the faucets in the galley and head at the same time. Once the "sputtering" has stopped, I know all the air is our. Another thought would be a blockd vent (in the anchor locker by the fill).
Hope this helps.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
Dave Granata

low water pressure

Post by Dave Granata »

I agree with Ken about checking the vent. Also make sure the tank shut off valve under the kitchen sink is all the way open. If it is, unscrew the packing nut around the stem and the valve will come apart. There may be some debris stuck in that valve.
Dave G
SiegmanM

Post by SiegmanM »

SUCCESS!

Thanks Dave and Ken,

After I tried running multiple faucets and made sure the air vent wasn't clogged, I dismanteled the forward water tank valve under the galley sink and found a 15 inch long 3 in wide piece of plastic tape in the valve.

Now it works like a charm.

Thanks again,

Mike Siegman
Starship Venus #269