Accessing Ramarine ST60 units

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's electrical systems or electronics here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

nybor

Accessing Ramarine ST60 units

Post by nybor »

Rats, Lightning...... auto pilot dead, maybe wind as well..... I spoke with Lee at Raymarine and he gave me some checks to perform. But, does ANYONE know how to get the units out of the Edson navcom tower? There MUST be an easy way....right?

thanks

dave
seatime2

Re: Accessing Ramarine ST60 units

Post by seatime2 »

Mine are Navman, but look similar to the Raymarine ST60 units, and I access them by removing the compass and unscrewing the plastic retaining ring at the back of the unit. Hope it is as easy for the ST60s.
pjr

Post by pjr »

On ours, hull 402, I remove the six Phillips head screws on the plate holding the ST60 instruments, lift it out gently, and undo the two nuts/screws (forget which) on the bracket of the instrument in question and then I can remove it. Its a U-shaped bracket that holds the instrument firmly against the back of the panel.
Hope this helps.
Peter Richards
Catalina 350 #402 Imagine
Peter Richards
Catalina 350, # 402, 'Imagine'
nybor

Post by nybor »

Hi. Thanks for your input. My problem was that each of my ST60 are individually mounted into the fiberglas housing. However, I did finally get them out. Fortunately, only hte depth/speed head was not transmitting via Seatalk to the other units. A couple of transistor replacements and good to go.

dave
leigh weiss

Post by leigh weiss »

Dave,
Glad you got the ST-60 back alive.
Do you have more details on the transistors and circuit diagram you used to find the problem.
Leigh and Donna Weiss
Brisa #155
Georgetown, MD. USA
nybor

Post by nybor »

Hi Leigh. No not yet. I will let you know when I talk to the electronics guy. He has been very very busy - I bet you can guess for what reason!

dave