Cockpit Hatch Ring Pull Replacement

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

russp

Cockpit Hatch Ring Pull Replacement

Post by russp »

Cockpit hatch ring pulls for sale in Australia. :roll: :roll:

In a tale of woe I now have brand new shiny ring pulls on the gas bottle and rear hatch covers on Avalon to replace the pitted and corroded ones, and 9 spares that I would be happy to sell to anyone who needs them. I initially purchased 5 SeaDog chrome-on-brass 2" ring pulls from a US supplier but they didn't fit the deck depressions so well, so I ordered 4 original Perko chrome-on-aluminum 2" ring pulls #1232DP2CHR from Canada (that was my bigger mistake!!, no PayPal, and using Canada Post). After waiting for 4 months and zero information from Canada Post on the tracking number, I gave up for lost and bought four more from CatalinaOwners, and they arrived in 9 days and I fitted them using 1.5mm white nitrile gaskets which packs them up nicely without using sealant. (On reflection, if I had used the nitrile gaskets from the start the SeaDog ones would probably have fitted as well, and you would expect chrome/brass to last longer than chrome/aluminum).

Murphy's law won out again, 2 days after I fitted the Perko ones from CatalinaOwners, the Canada Post ones turned up, took four months to get from Ontario to Australia!! So my 4 x $15 ring pulls have cost me close to $300 including shipping costs. If anyone does want some, happy to sell at A$15 each, and in Australia I will pay postage.

Russ Peel
Avalon #150
Russ Peel
Avalon #150