Water not entering hot water tank

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's plumbing here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

R.B.

Water not entering hot water tank

Post by R.B. »

I had a problem where I wasn't getting any water from the faucet when it was turned onto the hot water setting. I diagnosed the problem as no water flowing into the hotwater tank. I pulled the cold water input to the hot water tank. To remove the quick connect (Whale connector), you push the connector in towards the tank, use a flat screwdriver to pull back the gray plastic ring under the white sleeve and then pull the connector off. Once off you can see that there is a one way plastic valve inside the connector on the tank. I removed this and reassembled. Water once again flows into the hotwater tank.
Ralph

WOLFHELM
C350 #342
sailorbob

Re: Water not entering hot water tank

Post by sailorbob »

I had a similar problem several years back - it turns out there is a check valve in the elbow delivering cold water to the water heater. The little bitty spring holding the check valve open failed. I removed the check valve and water flowed once again. I don't recall any quick release feature, but maybe it's a newer feature - my hull is #301. Does anybody see a problem in running without the check valve? I suppose somehow water could syphon out of the water heater upstream, but that hasn't happened to my knowledge. I have no idea how to replace the check valve - there is no brand name on the elbow.

Bob
daniel

Post by daniel »

Thanks, that's interesting to know.
tracker

Post by tracker »

Can the one-way plastic valve be replaced w/o buying the whole assembly?

Tracker
C350 h382
Va Beach