Interior lights replacement source

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's interior here. Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Moderator: KenKrawford

djones

Interior lights replacement source

Post by djones »

I've been having to 2nd source repair parts for our project C350. I've found a supplier (other than Catalina) for the interior ceiling lights if anyone needs replacements.

http://www.sailorsams.com/mall/comet_8710.asp

I'm not recommending this particular vendor or anything, just letting others know where to find the light fixtures. (There may be other vendors.) I think they also have the wall mounted swivel lights.

Thanks,
Don Jones, '03 C350 #13
Oak Island / Southport, NC
EvenKeel

Re: Interior lights replacement source

Post by EvenKeel »

Does anyone know how to get this type of light fixture open to replace the bulb? I took one off and tried to open it, but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out.

Also, has anyone tried to replace the incandescent bulb with an LED type?

Even Keel II
djones

Post by djones »

I was able to push the black lampholder out of the chrome mount, but from there it looks like the two black halves are glued together around the lamp reflector. I'm not sure how it can come apart without breaking it. It's made I think by Gator-Lights or something similar. Maybe they could offer some advice. (aside from just buying a new one!)

-don jones
R.B.

Post by R.B. »

I just replaced some dome lights with LEDs. The black ring splits in two. They are not glued, they are clipped together. I carefully pried them apart. Careful, the frosted lens just sits on top of the bottom ring, so it will fall out when the rings are split.
Ralph

WOLFHELM
C350 #342
djones

Post by djones »

It had to be something so simple! I didn't spot that very thin ring joint in front.
Thanks!
-Don J.
malexander24

Post by malexander24 »

I bought some replacement lights from Sailorsam.com as suggested.
The LED's are a warm color and not white. They are an excellent match to the existing lights
Mark Alexander
SV M & M
Kerr Lake NC