Leaking shower door

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's head here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

wcconway

Leaking shower door

Post by wcconway »

When using the shower, water leaks onto the floor between the bottom of the shower door and the raised partition it rests on. It seems like there should be some type of rubber seal attached to the bottom of the shower door so when it closes on the partition it would form a seal to prevent water from dripping down the shower door and onto the floor. Can anyone tell me if their shower door has some type of rubber seal on the bottom? Or, is it normal for the water to leak onto the floor.
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida
william vanwagoner

Re: Leaking shower door

Post by william vanwagoner »

I had a similar problem and found that it was not due to water leaking out beneath the shower door, but from water working its way under the wall between the head and the shower door. There was a small gap allowing water to go underneath the wall between the seat and the door, which would wick downward under the wall and run out onto the floor. I used some standard bathroom type caulk and ran a thin bead along this gap between the shower seat and the edge of the wall where it meets the raised portion beneath the shower door which solved the problem.

Hope this helps,

Bill VanWagoner #229
Bill VanWagoner
Destiny #229
Bob Hart

Re: Leaking shower door

Post by Bob Hart »

Wally & Connie,

Susan and I were bothered by a bit of water and general dampness on the head floor, primarily due to shower use. We 'covered over the problem' by installing Kendall Dri-Dek Tiles (8 of them) for a total cost of $37.28 from Defender. These rubber tiles, which lock together, raise your feet off the floor by a half an inch or so. I cut them to fit wall-to-wall using tin snips. I also used the left over tiles for the shower floor.
Bob Hart
2008 C350 MkII #456 at Noank, CT
C350@rhart.net