Message for "Zephyr" re: NW C350's

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Tim April IV

Message for "Zephyr" re: NW C350's

Post by Tim April IV »

Seem to be having quite a bit of difficulty using the "private message" feature to reply to a message from Robert - of "Zephyr" C350 #51 up in Bellingham Washington - so I'll post the reply here for everyone.....

Hi Bob - congratulations on your new boat - I'm sure you'll enjoy her as much as my wife and I enjoy ours.

I figure that there are somewhere around a dozen C350's in the greater Puget Sound area, and several more on the Canadian side of the border.

We haven't done a particularly good job of keeping in touch - not for lack of at least a little trying over the years. We were able to muster a whole 3 boats out to Blake Island (very near downtown Seattle) back around 2004 or 2005 when the model was quite new, and we run into a few regulars around the Seattle area occasionally - one ("Simply Splendid") is just on the next dock over from me. Others seem to be more far flung - there's one in point roberts, another on the west side of Whidbey Island, and I think there are a couple in Bellingham. The prior owner of your boat attempted to get a good mail list together and round people up for a visit to Everett two years ago - we ended up in Europe at the time, and apparently we weren't the only one's with conflicts.

I've repeatedly tried to raise a bit more interest in getting some C350's to participate in the yearly Catalina Day race/regatta at Shilshole Marina around the end of June - even offering to buy beers - and gotten no takers.

Here's hoping we see Zephyr around the area soon - I know you'll have fun with her!

Tim Brogan
April IV C350 #68
Seattle
Tim Brogan
April IV C350 #68
Seattle
Pgtjs

Re: Message for "Zephyr" re: NW C350's

Post by Pgtjs »

Hi there, in case you did not know there are at least 2 C350s here in Blaine WA City Marina. A third was sold recently and I'm not sure where it went. Mine is # 392. Performance Yachts, the local dealer in Bellingham can probably tell us where the rest are in this area. If you plan any kind of get to gether next year let me know. It would preferably have to be somewhere north of Seattle - perhaps at Port Townsend which is about half way. Cheers, Geoff, Taeko 1V.
Geoff.S., Semiahmoo, WA.