High head pressure (HI/PS) error

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's air conditioning here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

hperros

High head pressure (HI/PS) error

Post by hperros » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:02 am

I have a Dometic Cruisair system, and after running it for about 9-10 hours it shuts down with the HI PS error. I have cleaned out the air filters and the sea strainer, but the problem continues. The water pump does not feel hot when the error occurs. The system restarts after some time. Any ideas?
Harry Perros
Aegean
Hull #331

Capt. Nini

Re: High head pressure (HI/PS) error

Post by Capt. Nini » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Try disconnecting the hose from the sea strainer to the pump and connecting a hose to it and flush out the system under pressure.
I have had to do this twice in 13 years. Especially bad in areas of high algae growth.

digitalvillager

Post by digitalvillager » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:21 am

If you are keeping the thermostat set below 70 and the seawater temp is above 85, you will have this problem. If this is the case, move your thermostat up to 75 and then after your 10 hour threshold, try moving it down to no lower than 73.
Charlie & Jeanne Monroe
Quit In Time
Hull #285
Amelia Island, Florida

hperros

Post by hperros » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:23 am

Thanks for your suggestions. I also talked to an a/c guy and he said that it maybe the head pressure switch, if the pipes are not frozen when the error occurs. Anyway, I have plenty of ideas to try out next time I go to my boat.
Harry Perros
Aegean
Hull #331