Stowage and stern lockers

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

dvolkman

Stowage and stern lockers

Post by dvolkman »

Hi All. We're finally getting ready to launch for our first time, but are curious...where do people stow their bumpers on the boat? And...what do Mark I owners stow in their stern lockers? I had to crawl in there today to run some wiring and saw how cavernous that space is...but from the top, the openings are small.

Also, does anyone know if the Panda 4000W generator (that can be ordered from the factory) will fit through the opening in the cockpit locker?

Thanks,

David Volkman
S/V Electric Ladyland
KenKrawford

Re: Stowage and stern lockers

Post by KenKrawford »

David,
I use the stern lockers on my MKI to store a cleaning bucket and long handle brush. I also put the fenders in there when under way.
I can't comment on the gen. set since I don't have one.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
Ray Edwards

Re: Stowage and stern lockers

Post by Ray Edwards »

F.Y.I. a milk crate will fit thru opening on stern lockers, great way to store extra lines or items you don't need very often.
Yes the Panda will fit thru opening in port side locker but you have to unpack the unit from it's "suit case" drain the oil and lower thru the opening on an angle. Unfortunity opening is about two inches to small to just lower in straight down.
If you are going to do any traveling or lots of anchoring out unit is GREAT.
Ray