Newbie makes Titusville

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Fiftybucks

Newbie makes Titusville

Post by Fiftybucks »

Wow, finally the boat is in Titusville at the Westland Boatyard and Marina.
Leaving Fort Lauderdale was uneventful, and we chose to go up the coast outside catching good weather, good seas, good gulf stream. Missing 18 Bridges in the area. Peak SOG at 9knts. We reefed early and played it safe sometimes at 50 percent. 118 miles Wow fun tucked in at Port St Lucie and stayed inside the ICW to Titusville. The boat was very stable, balanced and enjoyable the whole trip. I have learned So much at much expense.
Boat is in the water with canvas down, and the Mainsail was taken to Melbourne SouthSails, for UV replacement. The boat scrubbed down, gleaming white,and the air conditioner placed on de-humidify mode. The 4 resident Manatees in the harbor befriended our boat and hang around slurping rain runoff, and dripping water from washdown hose.

I noticed excessive movement in the starboard front motor mount and will make repairs. Not sure if mounts from R&D are the right choice but will research the replacement info on this forum.

Titusville City Marina, has changed its policies, and liveaboards are no longer welcome. Marina slip holders were sent new contracts limiting stays to 10 days per month. If slip holders did not sign, they will be as early as July, assessed the transient rate. This change was somewhat backed by the State of Florida and locals in the area fear that the situation will spread. We stayed at Melbourne and also Vero Beach, absolutely wonderful, but they too are changing liveaboard policy. We are Not Liveaboards, and currently are unaffected. But have looked forward to my wife's retirement and hoped to spend longer stays of two months.
Attachments
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (145.79 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
Cheers Hull #380