LED upgrade comment

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

AynB

LED upgrade comment

Post by AynB »

Hey everyone. Just wanted to post an opinion here about an LED product.
We have LED's on Halona from, I think, 6 different manufacturers and suppliers. Some we're happy with, some... well not so much.
We just ordered through Catalina Direct part number Z3088

http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm ... entCat=337 .

This is a bulb to replace the halogen ones in the swivel opal reading lights.
Our two cents : these are GREAT. A perfect replacement for the originals, almost as if someone specced the bulb and said make it's output exactly like the old ones, only at a tenth of the power cost. Great color, full room brightness. Very Happy.
Al & Becca
SV Halona
Fat Cat

Re: LED upgrade comment

Post by Fat Cat »

Halona,

I had a look at the website for the lamps that you recommend for the swivel opal reading lights. It would seem that they'd be bright enough, based on the all the LED's on them. Have you found a good replacement for the halogen ceiling lights? I wouldn't want to change them out with anything dimmer than the exisiting halogens.

Thanks,
Fat Cat
william vanwagoner

Re: LED upgrade comment

Post by william vanwagoner »

I purchased led replacements from led wholesalers and they are very good. For the overhead dome lights I purchased model 1109 - G4 base disk type side pin with 10 5050 smd led 10 watt halogen replacement for rv camper trailer boat marine at $8.00 each

For the swiveling shaded side lights I purchased model 1412 G4 base 18 smd led 360 degree at $10.00 each.

I ordered the "warm white" color as it best replaces original.
Bill VanWagoner
Destiny #229