Anchor Windlass Remote Wireless Control

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Pgtjs

Anchor Windlass Remote Wireless Control

Post by Pgtjs »

Has any one tried to fit a Wireless Remote unit to the Maxwell Windlass? I cant remember what Maxwell model it is - the docs are down on the boat for the winter. Someone told me Maxwell used to sell a compatible unit but there is nothing on their website so far as I can see. Failing Maxwell, what other products have been used and found satisfactory? As I often "single hand" into anchorages it would seem to be a very useful tool in difficult or crowded conditions which sometimes prevail here in the Pacific Northwest.

Thanks in anticipation, Geoff.S. Taeko 1V (# 392)
Geoff.S., Semiahmoo, WA.
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

Geoff,
Maxwell does make a wireless remote but bring your checkbook - $700. For about $650 less, you could have a wired remote which would still give you control of the windlass from the helm (or wherever you chose to mount it) with lots of $'s left for other goodies.

For some reason I can't get the links to work but go to Defender.com and search for "Maxwell remote".

Hope this helps.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA