Gauge panel

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

rickkremel

Gauge panel

Post by rickkremel »

Dock Holiday (#359) is 12 years old and still looks great......except for her gauge panel.
After years of sun and spilled beverages the panel was the weak link on board.
My brother offered to make a new panel out of stainless steel which was then powder coated as you can see.
I was a little nervous about all the wires but with a stack of labels, everything went perfectly. It looks great!
When my brother ran the job, we had to order a minimum of 5, so if you like the look and durability, contact me.
I'll let them go for less than the plastic ones on the Catalina website.
Thanks,
Rick
rickkremel at yahoo dot com
Old Panel
Old Panel
unnamed.jpg (93.11 KiB) Viewed 6888 times
Attachments
New Panel
New Panel
IMG_360911.jpg (205.2 KiB) Viewed 6888 times
New Panel
New Panel
IMG_360811.jpg (228.86 KiB) Viewed 6888 times
leigh weiss

Re: Gauge panel

Post by leigh weiss »

I am in "the same boat" as to the panel.
Love the solution!
Please provide ordering instructions and price
Thanks.
Leigh and Donna Weiss
Brisa #155
Georgetown, MD. USA
Air Mobility

Post by Air Mobility »

Mine is falling apart especially the corners. Please forward a price. Are all the cut outs included?

George
SV Air Mobility
Hull 158
Rock Hall
wolfe10

Post by wolfe10 »

Looks like a "Cottage Industry on the hoof"!

Yes, if he can duplicate and is interested, probably a good idea to post the price.

Brett
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL
TBOT422

Post by TBOT422 »

Absolutely amazing. Today I was replacing the fuel gauge and there was some sticky sealant under the old gauge that I wanted to clean up before installing the new gauge. Scrapped it off as best I could and then decided to clean the last of the residue with Acetone. Ooops! The acetone took the white paint off the old panel so now it has a black splotch directly above the fuel gauge. Combined with the broken corners and cracked sections of the old panel, I started looking at Catalina Direct for a replacement. $150 seemed a little much for a piece of plastic. I really like the version you have created and it seems more substantial. I think I would like one, let me know what the cost is. Any ideas on how to apply the labeling? I'm thinking I could easily create a text file and give it to a sign shop to reproduce a stick on decal for the entire panel (much like the boat lettering on the hull). Then possibly overcoat it with something that would protect the labeling.

I just can't believe this was posted on the same day that I was looking for an alternate panel solution! What a great web site.
Gary & Janet
The Best of Times (Hull #422)
rickkremel

Post by rickkremel »

If interested in learning more please contact me at: rickkremel at yahoo dot com
Ray Edwards

Post by Ray Edwards »

I am also interested in replacing my panel, 2005 vintage and lots of Florida sun exposure. My email is ramaedwards@aol
Ray
rickkremel

Post by rickkremel »

Due to the positive feedback for this we decided to make more. If interested please contact me at: rickkremel at yahoo dot com