garhauer ez glide genoa cars

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's sails and rigging and here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

william vanwagoner

garhauer ez glide genoa cars

Post by william vanwagoner »

I just purchased a set of garhauer ez glide genoa cars with the optional cam cleat, and was wondering if anyone else has installed these on a 350. Specifically, I would like to know what size line and length you used. In addition, I saw a post for a larger Catalina which included a bungee between the car and the cam cleat. Is this necessary, and if so, what size and length did you use? I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,
Bill VanWagoner #229
Bill VanWagoner
Destiny #229
jdamann

Re: garhauer ez glide genoa cars

Post by jdamann »

I have also installed these on my boat. Best upgrade I have done and well worth the money. I used 5/16 line, same as the jib furling line. I do not have a bungee cord on mine, not necessary.

Enjoy

John
Happy Sailing

John

"Just Add Wind" 347
tjr350

Post by tjr350 »

Bill,
The installation of the garhauer ez glide genoa cars would make a great article for the Mainsheet Tech section. Would you mind taking a few digital pictures as you go about the process? Just write up a brief description of the project and send it to me via e-mail, along with any pictures, and I will get it into Mainsheet. Many owners would love to see and read about this upgrade.
Thanks.
Tim
C350 #332
tjr3c@comcast.net
wcconway

Post by wcconway »

We want to install these in the spring, so we would appreicate any suggestions and installation tips you can provide. And, pics would be great, too!
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida
Bob Hart

Post by Bob Hart »

Bill,

Thanks for your technical article in the Feb 2009 Mainsheet. I would like to do this upgrade on my 'Espresso'. Questions: The Garhauer website shows 1" and 1-1/4" sizes and standard or heavy duty models. They also indicate that I need to supply the thickness of the Genoa track top T section. Since my boat is in storage and an hour away, I don't have easy access to the track dimensions. Which model should I order and what is the T-track dimension they need?

Also, should I order direct from Garhauer or are there distributors, like Defender, etc.?

Thanks,

Bob
Bob Hart
2008 C350 MkII #456 at Noank, CT
C350@rhart.net
william vanwagoner

Post by william vanwagoner »

Bob,

I purchased the middle model E-Z Glide system (I think it is the G-2UB) with the optional swivel cam cleats, which are for a 1- 1/4" track and fit the standard C350 genoa track without modification. I assume the C350MkII has the same track as the MkI. I bought my set at Garhauer's booth at the Long Beach Boat Show last year from a gentleman named Mark, and he indicated that the heavy duty model is for boats much larger than ours. I would purchase directly from Garhauer as they know our boats well, and know just what we need. Mark sails a Catalina 36, and his father, one of Garhauer's founders, owns C350 hull number 1.

Good luck,

Bill
Bill VanWagoner
Destiny #229
Bob Hart

Post by Bob Hart »

Bill,

Thanks for the info. They are on order.
Bob Hart
2008 C350 MkII #456 at Noank, CT
C350@rhart.net
wcconway

Post by wcconway »

sent a note to garhauer....here is their response. We plan to order and install in April.

-----Original Message-----
From: garhauer@garhauermarine.com [mailto:garhauer@garhauermarine.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 2:28 PM
To: Conway, Connie
Subject: Re: [webform] Garhauer Contact Form

This is the correct item. You must specify that it is for a C-350
----- Original Message -----
To: <info@garhauermarine.com>
Cc: <audit@interservent.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:18 AM
Subject: [webform] Garhauer Contact Form

> We have a 2008 Catalina 350. We want to install the adjustable genoa
> cars. We want to make sure we are ordering the corret items. Can you
> confirm we need E-Z G-2UB and SJ-1-1/4?
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida