Refrigerator Foot Pump

One of everybodies' favorite topics. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's refrigerator here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Tommgreg

Refrigerator Foot Pump

Post by Tommgreg »

The foot pump for clearing the refrigerator under the galley sink on our 2003 350 #117 failed this weekend and I was told by Lisa Cayce that Catalina does not sell parts or a replacement for this pump. Has anyone else experienced this issue and can you give me some advice on a replacement or parts?
Thanks
jking

Re: Refrigerator Foot Pump

Post by jking »

Hi,
The pump is made by Whale. I think its called a Version 3 pump. Easy to find parts to replace on the inside at West Marine.
Jan
Richard Ad

Post by Richard Ad »

Hello Tommgreg: what does "failed" mean? Does it still pump but not evacuate the water in the bottom of your refrigerator? That's what mine does. Therefore, I remove the joker valve at the top of the anti-siphon loop, hold my thumb over the hole and pump 4-5 times, replace the joker valve and ithen it works just fine. I plan on replacing the joker valve so I don't have to remove it in order to prime the line each time I want to remove the water in the refrigerator. Good luck.
Tommgreg

Post by Tommgreg »

Thank you for the great information. I will pull it this weekend and see what the issue is and post the resolution.
Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

I played with the Joker valve for a season and then bought the rebuild kit from West Marine (get the right series for this Whale pump).

Mine had a leaky valve (torn diaphragm) in one of the pump chambers so it was "kind of" working.

Easy to rebuild and now works flawlessly.

Bob
Guinevere
Guinevere