Fresh Water in Bilge

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's plumbing here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

KenKrawford

Fresh Water in Bilge

Post by KenKrawford »

I think that I've finally found the source of the water in my bilge. After much looking (and tearing the boat apart), I found that the 2 screws that hold the float switch down in the shower sump had no sealant around them and I could feel water dripping underneath the pan from them.
I'm holding my breath hoping that it's fixed.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
Joe Kujawski

Re: Fresh Water in Bilge

Post by Joe Kujawski »

Greetings Fellow C-350 owners! I am the newest member of the fleet, having taken delivery of #192 (2004) this past Friday. Love the boat already.

The previous owner left us a bilge with 3 inches of old stagnant water that had grown funky over a long time with lots of floating black algae. After hours of scrubbing and flushing, the bilge is now bright white clean. After rinsing and flushing the bilge, I extracted the remaining clean water and towel-dried the entire bilge. Bone dry. The boat rested at the dock and the next day I checked the bilge and 3" of fresh, clean, clear water is back. Dry sunny weather; no rain to cause this. It must be coming from my water tanks or water heater or exchanger I guess. Any suggestions on where to look and what to look for? Thank You!

Joe Kujawski
C-350 #129
Joe Kujawski
C-350 #192 "Kinja"
Vermilion, Ohio
Triumph

Re: Fresh Water in Bilge

Post by Triumph »

Does the water pressure pump come on now and then, as if it's losing pressure because of a small leak somewhere? I'd also check the two water manifolds - one hot and one cold, for any leaks. I guess all you can do is put toilet paper under any suspected leak areas and see what turns up.

Triumph