Help on obtaining US plastic trim please - Head sink door

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's interior here. Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Moderator: KenKrawford

russp

Help on obtaining US plastic trim please - Head sink door

Post by russp »

Hi All,

The cupboard door edge is finished with a 13/16" wide white T-molding trim which on Avalon (2003) has shrunk and split and I want to replace it. Rockler in US make it, but for whatever reason (!!!!) won't ship it outside the US but happily ship anywhere inside the US - really annoying when you live in Australia and simply cannot buy similar product in Australia.
Wondering if anyone willing to have trim delivered to them in the US, and then send on to me in Australia? Can reimburse for postage using PayPal or whatever.
Detail attached, only need about 6 feet for the door so there is actually enough in a 12 foot length purchase to do your door and send the rest on to me!

Regards
trim.jpg
trim.jpg (204.32 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
Russ Peel
Avalon #150
wolfe10

Re: Help on obtaining US plastic trim please - Head sink doo

Post by wolfe10 »

Russ,

If the plastic trim is cracking on one of the doors in the head (likely the one outboard containing the holding tank), I suspect the trim on the other door (under the sink) may be close behind.

Are you sure you only need 6'? May not be worth another fire drill in a year when the other one goes.

BTW, what is cost on the 12' section?

Would be glad to do it for you, but we are on the road right now in our motorhome, so we have no reasonable shipping address.

Brett
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL
russp

Post by russp »

Thanks for thought and offer Brett, just shows how blind you can be, I walked through the boat last night to see if there were any other doors that used that trim and totally missed the holding tank cover door. If I include that I would need 20' and not 12' (which is about USD15 to buy, by the way).

More investigation has found a site T-molding.com who are willing to ship to Australia, and sell in a 20' length, so looks like my problem is solved.

Regards and happy travels,

Russ
Russ Peel
Avalon #150
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

Russ, I replaced the trim on my head doors last year with T-Molding.com's product. Twenty feet was plenty. Place it in the sun for a few minutes to make it more pliable and use a rubber headed mallet (if you have one) to tap it in. Easy peasy.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
wolfe10

Post by wolfe10 »

Would appreciate the T-moldings PN-- will help others in the future.

Thanks.

Brett
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL
russp

Post by russp »

Thanks Ken, and by coincidence T-molding.com appears to be willing to ship to Australia, as opposed to Rockler who were distinctly unhelpful. And, thank your lucky stars you live in good ol USA, the minimum quantity I can buy of slightly wrong sized product anyway in Australia is a 150 metre roll!!

T-molding part number is SKU T-WHT-81, 13/16" White T-Molding. USD 0.50/ft.

Russ
Russ Peel
Avalon #150