Joker valve for the Newport: straight from the Horses....

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's head here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

AynB

Joker valve for the Newport: straight from the Horses....

Post by AynB »

Good day all. Below you will find the exact conversation I have had with Thetford about the Newport. I do have a glimmer of hope however - read to the end.
Hello,

There is a company call Hamilton Marine that might have some, aside from them you would have to search for one.

Thank you

Consumer Service
Thetford Corp/Norcold Inc

To: Info@thetford.com,
Date: 06/06/2014 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: Newport head "Joker valve" availability

thank you for the reply.
so.... how is one to get a new joker valve for this unit, when everything else is working fine?
Al

On Jun 6, 2014, at 05:45 , Info@thetford.com wrote:

Hello,

The joker valve is no longer an available part, and is not included in the maintenance kit.

Thank you

Consumer Service
Thetford Corp/Norcold Inc

To: info@thetford.com,
Date: 06/05/2014 08:51 PM
Subject: Newport head "Joker valve" availability

Good day. Rumors in the cruisers forums abound about the unavailable state of the Wilcox Critt / Newport head joker valve , part number 37308 .
Rather than rely on rumor, I am writing to the source. Can I purchase just the valve direct from you? Is the only way to obtain a new valve is by purchasing a nearly $200.00 kit for a $6.00 part?
I certainly hope that I can just order up one or two of the valves.
Thank you for your time.
Al Szymanski
Puget Sound
Here's the good-ish news. In Seattle, we have a great company , Marine Sanitation, that specializes in heads. One of their reps has eyeballed a Groco and a Jabsco joker valve and thinks that the Jabsco might be a match. So, next week, we will be heading over with measuring tools and doing a comparison for all of us. I'll let you know.
Al
wolfe10

Re: Joker valve for the Newport: straight from the Horses...

Post by wolfe10 »

Thanks, Al.

Let us know: PN and price.

Thanks.

Brett
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL
russp

Re: Joker valve for the Newport: straight from the Horses...

Post by russp »

Hopefully Hamilton will be able to supply, or alternate found, but in case it gets desperate, I purchased a Thetford kit from Defender about 6 months ago and it did include the joker valve and cost about $128 without shipping. If Defender hold stock and don't just order in from Thetford as required, the Defender stock may still have Joker valves in them???

Russ Peel
Avalon #150 (and maybe the proud owner of the last new Newport Joker valve on the planet!!).
Russ Peel
Avalon #150